If you have oily skin and you tend to break out, you can use an egg white to make a great face mask. It's great for toning skin and discourages the formation of fine lines around the eyes and on the face.
1 egg white
Juice of 1/2 small lemon
2 slices of cucumber or 2 cotton balls soaked with witch hazel
- Step 1: Use a whisk to whip the egg white in a small bowl. Add the juice of one half of a small lemon. Keep whipping the mixture until it is fluffy. Put it in a double boiler and continue to whip the mixture until the heat makes the egg white creamy (but not too cooked). Remove it from the heat and let it cool very well, so that when you apply it to your skin it will be cool to the touch.
- Step 2: Clean your face gently and rinse well.
- Step 3: Spread the cool egg white mask on your face and throat, keeping it away from your eyes. Put the two thin slices of cold cucumber (or the cotton balls) on your eyes.
- Step 4: Stretch out and relax for 15 to 20 minutes. Be sure to raise your feet higher than your body for maximum calm.
- Step 5: When the mask is dry, rinse it off your face with lukewarm water, following with a splash of cold water. Pat your face dry, but do not rub your skin. Always use a washcloth—never use paper towels on your face.
- Step 6: After your skin is dry, use a toner like witch hazel, which has been refrigerated. Gently massage your face with a light moisturizer when finished. back to top