Ready for a little digit pampering? Next time you sit down for a Sunday evening manicure in front of the TV, go natural and your nails will glow, girl!
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1/2 small lemon
1 teaspoon of sugar or sea salt (available in most grocery stores)
You will also need:
Soft emery wand
Your favorite base coat
- Step 1: File nail tips with a soft emery wand. Don't use a metal or rough nail file. File your nails only when they are dry. File in one direction only to avoid tears and splits.
- Step 2: Pour 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a small cup and warm it up on low power in the microwave for 30 or 40 seconds. You want the oil to be lukewarm, so it doesn't burn the skin.
- Step 3: Soak your fingertips for a minute or two in the warm olive oil.
- Step 4: Squeeze the juice of one half lemon on your fingertips and then let the lemon juice drip into the warm olive oil as well. Soak your nails in the oil and lemon mixture for a few minutes. Then massage the mixture into your cuticles.
- Step 5: Take a teaspoon of sugar or sea salt and rub it lightly into your cuticles and wherever the skin feels rough. Then massage the sugar or salt into your hands lightly.
- Step 6: Rinse the mixture off your hands with lukewarm water only. Pat your hands dry with a washcloth, rubbing your cuticles and gently pushing them back with the cloth.
- Step 7: If you have cuticle clippers, gently clip any stray cuticles or rough skin that may remain.
- Step 8: If you want, polish your nails with a clear base coat. Who needs added color when your nails are this healthy! back to top