Drug abuse and addiction can affect anyone of any age. These are some signs of a problem with drugs. If you recognize these signs in someone you care about, or in yourself, talk with a trusted adult—a health care provider, a parent, a teacher, a coach—anyone who can help. The important thing to remember about drug abuse is that it can be treated and stopped.
- You can't predict whether you will use drugs.
- You think that you need to use drugs to have fun.
- You turn to drugs to feel better after a fight or to deal with uncomfortable feelings.
- You use more drugs to get the same effect that you used to get from smaller amounts.
- You use drugs alone.
- You remember how last night started but not how it ended.
- You have trouble in school because of drug use.
- You promise yourself or others that you will stop using drugs.
- You often feel alone, scared, miserable, and depressed. back to top